After completing an Honours degree in Fine Arts from York University, Kris moved from Toronto to Whistler in 1993 to ski for a season. Almost 30 years later, she is still thrilled to call Whistler home and likes spending a bluebird day on the slopes or relaxing on the shores of a lake with her husband and 3 children as an ideal way to spend a day.
With an extensive background in sales and customer service, the transition into real estate was a natural one for Kris, who, shortly after unpacking her bags, decided that Whistler was where she wanted to stay and build a life. “The West is the best!” she says, “from the lifestyle, to the climate, the people, and the small town feel in Whistler. It is just so different and I knew that it was home.”
For Kris, real estate is not a single transaction job about selling or buying property. It is about building a positive, honest, and lasting relationship with her clients. Her passion for her job grows out of her love for meeting new people and helping them get to know the community that she loves so much.
For over forty years we've helped people make their Whistler dreams a reality - and that's just one of the reasons we're the number one real estate company in Whistler!
The Whistler Real Estate Company has consistently been ranked the number one real estate company in Whistler for over 40 years, surpassing the competition in both the total number of reported real estate listings and sales.* The company was founded in a Creekside trailer in 1978. In 1980, we became one of the original businesses in Whistler Village. The company continued to grow its operations and added a second office in Pemberton in 1998. Our company has played an integral role in Whistler’s development since the resort’s early days. This historical involvement gives our agents a distinct advantage when it comes to understanding the complexity of Whistler’s real estate market — a complexity based on property rights, restrictions and requirements unique to resort living and not found in traditional urban marketplaces. Four decades of providing exceptional real estate services in Whistler and its surrounding areas means that our team not only understand this unique legal framework, but they have also played a role in creating it. This intimate, first-hand knowledge leads to the highest value in both investment and lifestyle for our clients.
Our Dedicated Team
Our team is made up of over 35+ hard-working, full-time real estate professionals in addition to several licensed assistants and a first-class administrative team who offer unparalleled sales and customer service support.
Agents with The Whistler Real Estate Company are true locals who live, work and play in the resort year-round and who place high importance on team work and integrity. Each agent backs up their commitment to the community by donating their time to organizations and events that benefit the community as a whole. Each agent strives to be the best source of information, skills and resources for their clients. We guarantee that we will go the extra mile - whether you require assistance with buying, selling, making inquiries or gathering information.
Our Global Connections
Our affiliates ensure that we attract out-of-area buyers, especially when it comes to the total amount of properties sold over $1Million in the U.S. per year.
Our Market Share
Year after year, The Whistler Real Estate Company continues to be the top selling real estate company in the Whistler market in both revenue and number of sales*
- The Pique Newsmagazine
- The Whistler Real Estate Magazine
- The Whistler Real Estate Mini-Guide
- Ongoing Google and Social Ad Campaigns Whistlerrealestate.ca - #1 Google Ranking
- Luxury Portfolio International Ads Whistler The Magazine Ads Pemberton Leisure Guide Pemberton Visitor Guide
- Strong Engagement & Growth on our Social Platforms
An increase of over 45,000 direct visitors to our website compared to the previous year
We saw an increase of 15 times as many people coming to our website from social media than in previous years
- Whistler Arts Council - ‘Awesome Five’ Sponsor
- BC Children’s Hospital Foundation Jeans Day
- Blueshore Financial Golf Tournament
- Canadian Cancer Society Daffodil Days
- Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Pemberton Chamber Golf Tournament
- Ironman Canada
- Pemberton Golf Tourney
- Chamber of Commerce Members
- Tourism Whistler Member
- Whistler Minor Hockey Sponsorship
- Pemberton Barn Dance
- Scholarship Provider - Whistler & Pemberton
- Slow Food Cycle Sponsorship
- The View From Here
- Whistler Blackcomb Foundation
- Whistler Chamber Golf Tournament
- Whistler Food Bank
- Audain Museum
- Regular donations to our frontline workers
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Whistler Listing System (WLS)Open House Realtor Tours
- The Pique Newsmagazine Ads
- Ongoing Social Media Advertising
- Google Ad Campaigns
- Various Luxury Publications
- The Whistler Real Estate Quarterly Newsletter + Video